Protect your head!
Helmets don’t last forever and need to be replaced after five years. The original components, designed to absorb impact, dry out over time and no longer contain the resiliency needed to protect you effectively. Also, they are compromised and are ineffective after one impact.
Maintain your edge.
Hold better, safer turns with a tune up from our state-of-the-art equipment.
Have your skis and snowboards checked and tuned up. Our Crystal Glide Finish machine by Montana of Switzerland will bring your equipment back to near new quality. Have our expert team inspect your bindings for proper release tension, loose screws and worn straps.
Update your goggles and maximize your visibility.
The light changes and so should your lenses.
Get the right lens color for any condition from flat light to bluebird days.
Are you fogging up?
We have the latest technology in anti-fogging goggles.
Is that annoying scratch still distracting you?
Now is the time for a new lens to see more clearly.
Be Safe... Be Prepared. Know the Code.
Common Sense, it’s one of the most important things to keep in mind and practice when on the slopes. The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) believes education, helmet use, respect and common sense are very important when cruising down the mountain. NSAA developed Your Responsibility Code to help skiers and boarders be aware that there are elements of risk in snow sports that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce.
1. Always stay in control, and able to stop to avoid other people or objects
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely
Very important: BEFORE leaving for your trip have everyone:
- Skis / Boots / Poles
- Snowboard / Boots
- Ski-Board Bag or Hardcase
- Boot Bag or Backpack
- Helmet / Goggles / Sunglasses
- Go-Pro/ Audio
- Base Layer (Long Johns)
- Secondary Layer (Vest)
- Parka / Pants
- Gloves / Mittens
- Socks = 1 pair per day
- Neck Gator / Face Mask
- Apres’ Boots / Casual Wear
- Knit Hat / Head Band
- Boot Heaters
- Boot and Glove Dryer
- Body / Foot / Hand Warmers
- Base Wax / Edge Stone
- General Luggage
- Medications and Toiletries
- Cell Phone and Charger
1) Step into their boots to make sure they fit
2) Step the boot into the bindings to make sure they are secure
The Ski Barn Team cares about your safety on the slopes!